Success Story: Dionysia Christopoulou
Dionysia Christopoulou a 35 years old Graphic and motion designer from Greece.
I currently work as a motion designer at an advertising company in Greece doing promotional videos for social media (Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Youtube) for various companies.
At what age did you start doing artwork and developed love for artwork?
I have loved doing art since I was a little girl. But for many different reasons, I lost my path at an early age and I was actively involved with art in my 25 years where I initially started various seminars to develop my skills. At first in digital painting and second in Graphic Design. At this point in my life, I decided that this was the career I always wanted to do. So, I attended a design school.
Did you study artwork? If yes then from where?
I studied artwork at the University of West Attica department of “Graphic Design and Visual Communication” in Greece. I also attended the Graphic Design School “Escola d’Art I Disseny de Sant Cugat del Vallès (EADSC)” in Spain as an Erasmus student.
From where did you learn this?
At the University of West Attica, I attended the following courses:
- Graphic Design Courses: Letters and Numbers (Ι, II, III), Typography, Lettering Art, Graphic Design (Ι, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII), Illustration, Introduction in Informatics, Digital Graphic Design (Ι, II), Semiotics, Specifics of Photography – Graphic Design (Ι, ΙΙ, ΙΙΙ), Multimedia.
- Visual Arts Courses: Philosophy – Aesthetics, Introduction to Design (Ι, ΙΙ), Freehand Sketching – Colour (Ι, ΙΙ, ΙΙΙ, ΙV), History of Art and Graphic Design (Ι, II, ΙΙΙ, IV, V, VI), Colour – Sketching, Digital Image Processing.
- Graphic Technology & Communication Courses: Industrial Design, Linear Design (Ι, ΙΙ), Advertising, Market Research, Foreign Language (Ι, ΙΙ, ΙΙΙ), Graphic Design for Interiors and Exteriors, Publication Budget, Photography (Ι, ΙΙ, ΙΙΙ).
At the Graphic design school in Spain, I followed the sections:
1. Illustration: Drawing Applied to Animation/Illustration – Static & Moving Figure, Techniques of Graphic Expression – Handling & Experimentation
2. Interactive Design: Interactive Graphic Projects – Structure & Planning of Web Design (I, II, III), Graphic user Interfaces – Interaction & Graphics Application, Peripheral Information Systems, Programming Language, Basics, Database & File Organization (PSEINT, PHP, HTML, MySQL)
3. Animation: Traditional 2D Animation (I, II)
4. Printed Graphics: Traditional Graphics Techniques – Relief Printing Techniques
Why did Dionysia Christopoulou choose graphic design as a profession?
Graphic design is a field where I can express my creativity in many different ways and every time I do art I feel happy and fulfilled!
Who are your biggest influences?
I admire and respect every artist. So, I can’t name anyone because I am influenced by good art and all the artists that I follow for example on Instagram have something unique and worthy to look at.
How do you become a successful artist?
In my opinion, the right path to be a successful artist is to love what you do and to always try to become better and better. To develop your skills and abilities by exercising them and always learn new things in the fields of interest.
What makes you a good graphic designer and different from others?
A good graphic designer is someone that makes art that works. Also, every designer has its unique style and this is what makes him different from others, so I have mine and if you like it you can follow me!
What Does Your Artwork Represent?
My artwork represents my expression combined with the needs of the client.
What Does Your Art Mean to You?
My art means everything to me. It’s my passion and I make a living from this.